Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Monday, January 2, 2012

I made a quilt block!

and I am filled with a sense of accomplishment!! :)

[3 x 6]  Sampler Quilt Mini Bee, Hive 4

This is my test block for the [3x6] Sampler Quilt Mini Bee. As I was hunting for a block to use for my design, I scribbled down some ideas I liked, made a few changes and came up with this one! :) And I love it! It was a pain in the rear trying to figure out the cutting dimensions! But after a lot of time and a lot of fabric (I have so many random sized HST's now!) I figured it out! :) (I'm so glad I picked up the math gene from my dad! Thanks Dad!)

It actually comes together super fast!! I don't know if this block design already exists, but if it does I don't know about it. I want to call it "Starry Skyline", but I know that's a pinwheel and not a star. the triangles along the edges remind me of mts, and after looking at the layout on my computer for hours it makes me feel as though I'm looking down at the earth from above... or rather I guess as though I'm looking up at the sky with the mountains bending into the skyline. anyway. Cheesy. ;)

Sorry the picture is really bad. For some reason I CANNOT take pictures w/orange. The colors always turn out super weird! Oh well. :)

Anyway, it was fun. And now I'm off to make 6 more! ;)  I could probably whip up a tutorial if anyone is interested! Just let me know! :)





Diane

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.