Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Third time's a charm

Well, in this case, the second time. I made my second block and I LOVE it! Can I keep it please???

IMG_3758

This is the block I'm doing for the [3x6] Sampler Quilt Mini Bee. It's crazy how changing up the fabric a little can really change the look of a block. But I think this is a drastic example from my first block. I love these colors and this fabric! So soothing. I hope it is well received and liked!

I'll wait and share pictures of the rest of them when they are all finished. :) I just couldn't resist this one though!

I also took pictures of the process along the way, so I just need to put them together with some words and there will be a tutorial soon. :) FYI, my tutorials are pretty basic - great for beginners, and perhaps a little too detailed for advanced sewers (you can probably get by with skimming it), but I like to make sure everything is really clear. :) And of course if you have questions, just ask and I'm more than happy to help!  BEST thing about this block... the only thing you have to cut out to make it is 12 squares! You don't have to cut one triangle! (they come later, but in a much easier fashion!) Yippy! :)



Diane

5 comments:

  1. Oh, it's lovely - especially in those colors. I can't wait to see the tutorial...I want to add it to my 'to try' list. =)

    Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this block! You should have us make it for our do.Good Stitches group ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love it in the softer colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the tutorial - love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the subtle colors in this! Just found your blog and am your newest follower. If you get a chance, hop on over to mine. :o) http://livelylatte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.