Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Monday, August 20, 2012

Wonky Quarters: a Paper Piecing Pattern + more

I have been busy around here! In conjunction with preparing to go to the Sewing Summit, I've decided to finish up a lot of patterns that have been sitting around for a while. They've been basically done, just needing a few finishing touches. They are all being added to my Craftsy store here.

I decided to list the 18 inch pattern for my 70's Geese, with the encouragement of Kelly. She saw my in-progress picture on Instagram and liked it. Thanks! :) I love this pattern! You can read all about the version I made for Whitney here. I really need to make myself another one for me. (Ok, really I want to make a quilt for my bed using this pattern, but that will take a long time... maybe once I finish up some other projects.) :)


I also added a new one, Wonky Quarters. Candice was so kind to test this pattern for me in July, I think. But I have been slacking at actually sharing it. Do you want to see her pictures? They are beautiful!! So you know, the size of this block is huge! One square is 8", so the normal 4 blocks together is 16" square. I think this is great to help show off prints, as well as be able to put something together fast. ;)

 I love the colors she used! :)


 Individual corners



Thank you so much Candice for testing this for me!!


I also came up with these on my computer. The possibilities are endless!

 

I added some new features to this pattern as well. There are two coloring pages to test out color schemes and fabric placements, as well as three pages with templates for cutting out your fabric! The templates have 3/8" seam allowances, which should be just enough to be able to easily piece with them, but without so much fabric waste. I think I might go back and add these features to my other patterns as well. :)

Anyway, it's up and listed. Just wanted to let you know!


I will also be listing I also listed my test block that I made for the [4x5] Bee, but didn't end up using. I think the triangles would look so cool in this pattern if you had multiple blocks together!

DSC_0379

On The Spot
you can find the pattern here
pattern includes, pattern block, coloring page, and template pieces


So stay tuned! I have some other patterns in the works as well. I'll keep you updated. :)



Diane

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun looking pattern! I love making wonky log cabin blocks! Was making up a few today for my new project =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are great! Beautiful designs.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I just had to go buy some of your patterns...they are all fantastic!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors on your wonky quarters are so much fun! The blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blocks are so adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.