Home * Patterns * Tutorials * Made It * Our Story

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Zodiac BOM: Cancer Block

Patterns went out last night for June's Zodiac BOM block, Cancer! If you are participating in the Block of the Month series with me, be sure to check your email! :)

I seriously can't wait to see what you make! It's so much watching everyone's blocks come together! The finished quilts are going to be A-MAZ-ing!! ;)

Here is my Cancer block for my sampler quilt:

I'm usually not a huge fan of yellow and orange, but I am smitten with these! The Kona Carrot is the most beautiful color! And of course Henna Garden by Sandi Henderson is always a winner (the orange floral-y print). 



This block was the one block that I was most unsure about, of all the blocks in the series. I almost changed it at the last minute even, but decided to just stick with it. I'm so glad I did! stick with it, that is.

This is one pattern that has my curiosity, and I'd love to spend more time playing with it and seeing how I could play with color placement and value. I feel like it's a big mystery block that is keeping a secret. lol. I don't know. Can quilt blocks have personality?! Because this one definitely does.


Here is my little photoshoped picture of all of my blocks so far. This is getting so fun!! I think I just might have to hurry and make the rest of the blocks right now! I'm not sure I can wait until December to see how it'll turn out! ;)



I can't believe we're already half way through!! That is super crazy to me! How is it the end of June already? I don't even remember this month at all. :p




Anyway.... If you haven't joined in with the Zodiac BOM, but would like to, now is a great time to do so!! The pattern is on sale until tomorrow night! (And if you are a VIP Club member (aka you signed up for my newsletter) then you can double dip with the coupon I just sent out for extra savings! (If you haven't signed up, you can sign up HERE to get an instant coupon!)


Click below to go right to the Zodiac Pattern!

https://fromblankpagespatterns.com/products/zodiac-bom-236-paper-piecing-pattern-pdf



And be sure to check out the hashtags on Instagram to see what everyone is making! The main hashtag is #fbpZodiacBOM, but there is also one for each block:

You all are absolutely amazing!!! Thanks for joining me!



I hope you are all doing well! Have a wonderful weekend! (almost!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I always love your comments, they make me smile!

If you have a no-reply account, be sure to leave your email address so I can respond to you.